1. The Mod Squad is back with another amazing story on out-of-control accounting at the Pittsburgh Police Bureau, this time misappropriating money from a narcotics fund to pay for trips, $10K worth of Gatorade (that's a lot of Gatorade) and other stuff.
2. Eight (!) people, many of them well-known to the Pittsburgh political world, officially entered the mayor's race yesterday though they still have a couple weeks to back out. It looks like campaign finance regs will be among the first fights on the Democratic side.
3. Four of the five incumbents on the Pittsburgh Public Schools board aren't running for reelection, including the board president. Not a good sign.
4. The 911th Airlift Wing in Moon may get its discharge papers today. Whatever happens federal electeds on both sides of the aisle will be talking about it. A lot. (UPDATE: It's been spared though 2014.)
5. Gov. Tom Corbett will soon ask Attorney General Kathleen Kane to accept lottery privatization, perhaps with a deal placing limits on how far privatization will go in competing with casino-type games.