Boom! Crash! Epic thunderstorms last night and a Republican advocating for stricter gun laws — could the End of Times be near?
1. The gun background check compromise proposed by U.S. Sens. Pat Toomey and Joe Manchin is heading to the Senate floor for debate. Hard to say how Toomey's conservative allies will judge the measure -- some are already calling it a defection - but PoliticsPa has a statement round-up.
2. Spin the dial and it's the same song in the state capitol, only with less success. A Bucks County state representative wants to close a loophole allowing buyers of rifles, shotguns and other long-barreled guns to forgo background checks, but says the bill is stuck in committee. House leaders say they're waiting for Washington to make a move first.
3. The Port Authority will get (some unknown portion of) $1.2 million to boost public support for a new rapid bus link between Oakland and Downtown. The money wil be shared with Nashville, Chicago and Boston and will go towards an advertising campaign. Which is just the thing needed to fix the bus system.
4. P-G newcomer Kate Giammarise reports on an plea from Pa. Democrats to Gov. Tom Corbett to shut down any attempt change Pennsylvania's "winner-take-all" electoral vote system in presidential elections.
5. LOLOL at the County Courthouse being the "safest place" to do drug deals, according to an arrested drug dealer.