1. More news from our correspondent in Brazil, where Gov. Tom Corbett says they're thirsting for energy development. There's a lot of similarities between Brazil and Pennsylvania, he said — unfortunately, they're mundane, energy-related similarities.
2. Not a link, but you gotta love what Karen is seeing down there in Brazil:
São Paulo tour operator on PA: "America is not only shopping. There is history. This is really a side of America Brazilians do not know yet"— Karen Langley (@karen_langley) April 8, 2013
In Brazil, PA trade mission pitches tourism with slideshow on "Filadelfia" and "Pensilvania, EUA."— Karen Langley (@karen_langley) April 8, 2013
3. Jack Wagner has launched his first television ad, spotlighting his years on city council and a city-wide assault weapons ban passed with his support, and Bill Peduto is expected to air his answer today.
4. Looks like a garbage hauler was charging the Pittsburgh International Airport too much to haul away all those tossed Auntie Anne's wrappers.
5. How about this wackadoo Pitt student government scandal involving, of all things, a secret order of "Druids"? Even the paper's own editorial staff had a secret Druid, as reported by College Media Matters. And LOL at their holiday card: