Good morning. Hot already and promising to get hotter.
1. Mark this down in the record books: No fare hike at the Port Authority this year. With our $2.50-each-way fare, we are now tied for most-expensive bus ride in the country -- thanks Portland, Ore., Atlanta, Dallas and Sacramento, Calif. -- instead of being in a category of our own.
2. Other contractors are now questioning whether city officials gave favorable treatment to the builder who later renovated Mayor Luke Ravenstahl's house, a deal that's drawn scrutiny from the FBI.
3. In completely unrelated news, the mayor's press secretary just resigned.
4. Federal legislation to fund improvements to the nation's locks and dams, including many in the Pittsburgh region, has made it past the Senate. Our Len Boselovic has written in depth about the lamentable state of our water infrastructure.
5. Our news partner Public Source tries to pull back the curtain on a secretive group funding anti-Corbett ads. My favorite part: One of the three people who incorporated the group has no idea who runs it.