Good morning. Great one for Bike To Work Day.
1. How can county payroll costs go up while the workforce is going down? Andrew McGill has the answers: part of it comes from the tradition of giving public employees less in salary but more in benefits.
2. Late round haymakers are being thrown in the city mayor's race. Today, Jack Wagner's called an early afternoon presser Downtown on jobs and development.
2A: Need a reminder to vote Tuesday, or help with your voting location? Pledge to vote at the nonpartisan votePGH site, a project of the Pittsburgh Women's Blogging Society
3. Quite the A-Team being assembled to investigate the mysterious cyanide death of a UPMC doctor.
4. It's the 100th anniversary of the Kaufmann's Clock, which by contract requires us to link to the story about Jeep (grandfather of Eugene) DePasquale inviting councilwoman Michelle Madoff to kiss his *** under said timepiece.
5. Might as well go full Pittsburgh then -- there's a new documentary on competitive marbles, and Pittsburgh's domination of the kid sport.