Woo-hoo! Summertime's here . . . along with cold and rain. It's been a weird year.
1. Summer means more bike riding, but as usual, beware -- Jon Schmitz pulled the records on the state's new law requiring motorists to give bikes a 4-foot buffer and found it's only been utilized 15 times statewide, including 2 in Allegheny County and none in Pittsburgh.
2. New federal info on what hospitals charge for various procedures shows how important it is for state government to endure UPMC and Highmark keep working together, Highmark argues.
3. This is the first time in a long while there hasn't been any Pittsburgh mayoral news . . . but if you're interested in that kind of thing you MUST revisit Andrew McGill's amazing breakdown of voting patterns and turnout citywide.
4. If you're headed out of town this Memorial Day weekend, at least roadwork will be halted at the Squirrel Hill tunnel and other places.
5. Weather's supposed to be awesome again by Monday, so when you're picking up your grilling proteins why not support some of Pittsburgh's mom-and-pop purveyors? There are plenty of good ones, including Tom Friday's Market, DJ's Butcher Block and of course good ol' Parma Sausage.