I had some great breakfast sausage this morning at the Allegheny Sandwich Shoppe on Pittsburgh's North Siide. Get the scrambled egg bowls.
1. State Senate leaders are reworking the House's liquor privatization plan, giving the Liquor Control Board more discretion in closing state stores. Fears from rural lawmakers that their constituents might be forced to settle for Mad Dog 20/20 amid a lack of selection are apparently pushing the modifications.
2. Meanwhile, PA Independent reports the PLCB was busy shutting down a request from one of its attorneys to write an explanatory column on liquor laws for the Philadelphia-based Legal Intelligencer.
3. From the AP, the first witness in the preliminary hearing of several Pa. Turnpike executives accused of trading favors for political power says state Senate Democrats regularly asked Turnpike officials to assist in fundraising.
4. Dennis Yablonsky at the Allegheny Conference on Community Development writes in our opinion section on the need for a comprehensive state transportation bill.
5. Had a good LOL at this PoliticsPa list of PA poltico look-alikes. Below is Bill Peduto/former Bruins player and head coach Mike Milbury; also expect to see Rich Fitzgerald, Allegheny County councilman Jim Burn and state Rep. Erin Molchaney.