1. The Port Authority has apparently narrowed down its candidates to replace former executive director Steve Bland to three people. The board is meeting again today, though they've said they won't make a decision yet.
2. Meanwhile, the state House has approved a $2 billion package for transportation improvement, largely funded by the removal of a cap on gas taxes to wholesalers.
3. Those crafty admen don't miss a trick: Businesses are already looking to cash in on the partial repeal of DOMA with quick-hit ad campaigns, including our own Wigle Whiskey.
4. Have to shake your head: A cop arrests a teacher and a freelance photographer for no apparent reason at all in Homewood outside a community meeting aiming to build support for the police.
5. The National Association for Gun Rights is attacking Sen. Pat Toomey in a series of ads deploring his (long-dead) background check bill. Look for them on a cable channel near you.