1. Just because it's so clever: PG interns Alex Zimmerman and Jessica Contrera raced each other to find the quickest detour around the closed Liberty Tunnel. Believe it or not, the PennDOT-approved route won. (Though as one commenter noted, it would have been quicker to take public transportation.)
2. A new smartphone app promises to turn road rage into legislative action, sending pings to lawmakers when their consituents are stuck in traffic. Former Gov. Ed Rendell is behind the organization building the app.
3. Pope Francis, who can't order breakfast without getting a rush of positive press, is making headlines again for a news conference in which he said Catholics should be more tolerant of gays, consider allowing remarriage and find more meaningful roles for women in the church.
4. U.S. Sen. Bob Casey wants the Centers for Disease Control to take another look at the death tally from the Pittsburgh VA's Legionnaire's Disease outbreak, with reports indicating more folks may have been sickened.
5. Local leaders took U.S. Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz to task for not paying enough attention to coal and gas development.