1. The Corbett administration is forcefully defending the state's ban on gay marriage in separate actions against a Montco official issuing licenses to same-sex couples and AG Kathleen Kane. Kane's deputy Adrian King responded with his own strong words.
2. Where does the governor's full-salaried former education secretary -- now advisor -- work anyway? Nobody in charge is saying.
3. Who knows where the federal probe against Mayor Luke Ravenstahl is going either -- but it's going somewhere, with a grand jury hearing from a social acquaintance and a former city board chair he clashed with.
4. Dick Thornburgh has a letter in the Post-Gazette today praising late Gov. Bill Scranton, one of the last (and greatest) of Pa's moderate Republicans.
5. After putting my kid to bed I ran down to PNC Park and was one of those buying SRO tickets for the Pirates' doubleheader sweep of the Cardinals. Glad I did: one of the best days ever in the history of the park, filled with great vibes and angry/entitled Redbird fans.