1. "Everybody's still talking" about a state transportation funding bill but it's nevertheless delayed until legislators go back to work again in mid November. One of the hold-ups: Republicans are seeking to restrict some union pay in exchange for a bill that would also fund public transit.
2. Speaking of not working, Mayor Luke Ravenstahl has been tweeting a lot about his hard toil, but a couple of the tweets weren't sent during the time he was actually holding the meetings being tweeted -- such as the one sent from a golf course. (More on this later.)
3. Talks between mayor-to-be Bill Peduto and the Penguins about Hill District redevelopment have turned positive rather than gladiatorial.
4. The Pittsburgh Foundation is going to help Peduto find recruits and ideas for his administration.
5. Navy Week is coming back to the city next year, after being canceled last year due to budget constraints.