1. If longtime city employees aren't on board with the government overhaul Bill Peduto has in mind, the time to leave is now. Speaking of, he may reorganize the city's Public Works department -- that and more is in Moriah Balingit's overview of Mayor Luke Ravenstahl's budget speech yesterday, which wasn't even 5 minutes long.
2. Pittsburgh political fixture Jim Ferlo isn't running for reelection to the Senate next year (post redistricting) but isn't ruling out future roles in government either.
3. Jim O'Toole writes the obit for former state Rep. Joseph Rhodes Jr., an activist and proud enemy of the Nixon administration.
4. Approval of the US Airways/American merger means Pittsburgh will hold onto some flights for a while, but will probably lose multimillion airline facilities and the jobs that go with them. County exec Rich Fitzgerald and Congressman Tim Murphy aren't happy.
5. Steelers CEO Dan Rooney tells Gene Collier about the events surrounding the JFK assassination 50 years ago -- inside the NFL and out -- and relates some stories about 1960s Pennsylvania politics.