1. Janice Crompton has the story on longtime Democratic state committeeman Marty Schmotzer, who resigned a local school board post to take a $120K job with the district, only to step down after public outcry and return to his board position.
2. Local food banks are running so low on food that they're shrinking their boxes and appealing for help.
3. An Allegheny County health board is considering "radical" changes to clean air rules that could impact industry.
4. The Corbett administration's proposed privatization agreement with a British firm to take over the state lottery is going to expire.
5. Lots of activity at City Hall: A day after red-light cameras were approved and the parking authority agreed to repay customers erroneously charged to park the Saturday after Thanksgiving, City Council may take one of its biggest votes of the year today, on whether to grant historic status to the produce terminal in the Strip District.