1. The state House approved the first steps toward reducing the size of the General Assembly, but it's a long haul that sounds about as easy as the journey in Lord of the Rings.
2. Johnstown defense contractors tied to the late Jack Murtha were sentenced to house arrest for a kickback scheme.
3. Former Pittsburgh Police Chief Nate Harper is appealing the sudden withdrawl of his pension.
4. Students from the city's arts high school helped Mayor-elect Bill Peduto select art from Burton Morris (a pal of Peduto's from college) for his office.
5. Peduto, Jack Wagner, Corey O'Connor and others remember longtime Pittsburgh political consultant Damon Andrews, who died Sunday.