1. The federal investigation into Pittsburgh city government is "ongoing" according to US Attorney David Hickton, but that's all he'll say. The grand jury looking into the city and unrelated matters last met Wednesday.
2. Meet the court-appointed conservator trying to save the August Wilson Center. Looks like MLK Day will be bittersweet for the Downtown facility.
3. Sean Trende looks at population trends and confirms Pennsylvania will likely lose a congressional seat in 2021. That will make it hard for Republicans (if they again handle redistricting) to shave off a Democratic seat, and (if Pa is still blue) cost Democrats an electoral vote.
4. RIP Mary Ann Graf, the North Side advocate who poured a million bucks into the Priory (and the city's awesome Deutschtown neighborhood) when others didn't.
5. The Steelworkers are looking to organize medical staff at the county jail after complaints about lousy working conditions there.