1. The man whose bribes triggered the (ongoing) federal probe of Pittsburgh and its police bureau, Art Bedway, was sentenced yesterday to probation, which probably means he was cooperating with prosecutors.
2. Mayor Bill Peduto and Councilwoman Natalia Rudiak are pushing a bill to make access to city data -- on permits, spending and so on -- easier to obtain and study.
3. The new mayor is promising a pothole-filling blitz over the next couple days in advance of another stretch of sub-freezing weather.
4. Another recently elected city official -- Councilwoman Deb Gross -- introduced a "land bank" bill aimed at clearing neighborhoods of red-taped tax-delinquent properties.
5. Pirate fans should be worried about the team's super-low payroll and questionable lineup, Bob Smizik writes.