1. A statewide campaign for universal pre-Kindergarten coverage had its local launch in Squirrel Hill.
2. Universal pre-K is a top priority for Mayor Bill Peduto (just ask Barack Obama) but in the meantime he's pushing a new reform effort by yanking free parking passes for a couple hundred city workers.
3. Some real estate experts say re-uses of the August Wilson Center could be difficult -- one says the land is more valuable than the building, which could be razed.
4. U.S. Sen Bob Casey was in town yesterday again trying to save the 911th Airlift Wing in Moon.
5. Lots of Pittsburgh references in this S.I. profile of Arizona guard T.J. McConnell, who transferred from Duquesne.