1. Barack Obama will appear in West Mifflin today to push the retirement savings plan mentioned in last night's State of the Union address. Republican congressmen Keith Rothfus and Mike Kelly will do a prebuttal at a diner nearby.
2. Medical marijuana got a generally supportive reception at a state Senate hearing.
3. Pittsburgh Public Schools superintendent Linda Lane addresses the teacher evaluation controversy in a mostly upbeat op-ed today.
4. The Peduto administration announced a bunch of personnel-related moves.
5. The owner of Squirrel Hill's Manor Theater (and restaurants including the new Grit & Grace) is thinking about opening a new movie theater Downtown.