1. Pittsburgh Police Bureau K-9 officer died yesterday from stab wounds suffered protecting other officers, leading Mayor Bill Peduto to order city flags at half-staff.
2. Former Mayor Luke Ravenstahl has launched "Ravco Consulting" to cater to clients in the region's booming energy industry. He talks to Moriah Balingit about his new firm, based in his home in Fineview.
3. Allegheny County executive Rich Fitzgerald is planning a trip to Dubai to try to woo the Emirates airline into establishing a hub in Pittsburgh, but analysts say it'll never happen. Since foreign air carriers are required to start or finish flights from outside airports one alalyst tells Kaitlynn Riely the Pittsburgh hub would be "against the law" and another "completely impossible."
4. Facing a key moment in his gubernatorial term Tuesday, the Inquirer reports Tom Corbett's campaign has brought in a celebrated Bush-Cheney speechwriter to handle his budget address.
5. An interactive art piece that uses visitors to Market Square to generate brief light displays will go up from Feb. 21 through March 16. (Visitors on Saturday, March 15, should be especially interactive.)