Chris Brennan at Daily News pulls some of the better quotes from the Philly Mag piece on Rendell and Kirsten Snow (right):
- "Absolutely not," Snow said when PhillyMag Features Editor Robert Huber asks if she's having an affair with Rendell. "No way. And if I had a nickel for everybody who told me that, or told me they heard that, I wouldn't have to come to my job."
- Snow tells the magazine she is surprised it has taken this long for the rumors to go public and worries about the gossip hurting Rendell's wife, Midge, a federal judge.
- Snow is clearly surprised when Huber tells her he has heard that Rendell is describing her as the love of his life.
- Rendell says he values Snow's insight on political issues and her attractiveness helps add some "pizzazz" when he brings her to fund-raisers. He says his recent weight loss -- he's down 60 pounds -- had nothing to do with a new romance.
- "You know, like a lot of people in politics I get hit on by women all the time," Rendell tells Huber. "There are political groupies just like there are sports groupies. I got hit on when I was 260 every bit as much as when I'm 200."
- Rendell scoffs at the notion that he would ever use the phrase: The love of my life. He speculates that people probably heard him joking about Snow, saying something like: "Oh yeah, she's great. She's hot as can be, she's the cat's meow."