The key to recovering after a long weekend -- like, say, the one you spent hopping between receptions at Pennsylvania Society? You need a good breakfast.
1) There are already hints about how Gov.-elect Tom Wolf's push for a severance tax might play out, our Karen Langley said. Republican Sen. Jake Corman, the new Senate majority leader, said a compromise would have to include work on pension reform.
2) Gov. Tom Corbett is looking forward to taking some time off once Mr. Wolf takes office.
3) In spite of an occasionally shaky first term – and a grand jury investigation over leaks from her office – state Attorney General Kathleen Kane announced she would run for a second term.
4) That grand jury probe into Ms. Kane's office? Retiring Pennsylvania Supreme Court Chief Justice Ronald Castille said it could be more serious than the attorney general has let on.
5) Just a few weeks after Mr. Corman ousted him from his leadership position, Sen. Dominic Pileggi apparently will join a huge field of folks running for a seat on the state Supreme Court, Politics PA reports. Note: We've left a message at Mr. Pileggi's office to see if we can confirm this; we'll let you know what we hear.